Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Spending Sunday Together

Sunday has become our day. My husband works third shift these days. He is a Mechanical Engineer and they need support from his team overnight so right now he needs to sleep during the day on Sunday. Any other day we make it work easily- but Sunday became an issue.

Sammy seems to wake my husband on Sundays when we were hanging in the house. He would get the dogs all crazy and sleep became impossible. I decided we would get out of the house and do an activity every Sunday to let him sleep.

So far we've done a train ride, the zoo, children's museum, and a hike. Now that the weather has started to turn we are pretty limited in the activities we can do outside. We also have a membership to the Y so we can swim or play games there. Could be much worse!

It's kind of nice to have a day where I can schedule things with friends and not miss time with my husband. I can also spend time with my sister and brother in law and know Sammy is deepening his family ties. It's nice to have a day where I basically have to not be home.

I also don't have Sunday to clean... I feel like my cleaning woes are just never-ending. I have to get smarter about things but I assigned the hubs some more chores and have decided that we're working on decluttering our home and getting rid of the things we don't use any more. That should help me keep things cleaned up. Sunday mornings I have to make sure the laundry is done so we can have clothes for the week, the groceries need to be purchased and all bills/mail need to be prepared so Monday can come with some grace.

As I become better at this dance I will report back some tips and tricks for making this work for us. We try to be really socially active in our community and I am finding we just don't have enough time in the day. That's true for everyone I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment