Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Mondays

I spent all night watching reruns of Parenthood. Does anyone else every basically thumb their nose at being an adult and make stupid decisions?!

So.. that clearly lead to a great morning. Sammy was pretty good, my patience was thin but I was managing. Until he decided that listening is for other kids. We had a nice talk about that we need to listen. When I say talk I more mean lecture. Because he's 3. Which is my basic excuse for all behavior. He is a three year old and we're practicing being a member of society.

Not sure how I will ever get him to listen though. Sage words of advice are always welcome. Timeouts are ok, they are moderately effective but I know we have a great deal of room for growth in the area of listening.

Today was the first day of a full week back to work after my Aunt passed. I feel like I am slogging through sand when walking and thinking. Sleep and a to do list a mile long isn't making for great days. I know I will get it all under control. My fear is that I am going to get it under control just in time for my Grandfather to pass. He doesn't have too long. Maybe we should just hang out in chaos land so I can put it all back together just once. We'll get there. Cycle of life and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment