Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I bought some Nikes

Sunday was a pretty great day, weather aside.

Sammy and I went to the mall to check out Gap and Nordstrom. Sammy had outgrown his shoes and needed a school-friendly pair. Kind of backstory; my dad picks Sammy up from school and usually kids are in their sock covered feet at school- no shoes because they work on the floor as is pretty common in Montessori.

My dad is a disabled veteran and has a knee injury. Getting small shoes on and laced is a job. Frankly it's a job I try to help avoid because he's already doing SO MUCH! He has been lifting Sammy onto the very tall cubbies to tie shoes on the 2-3 days we've sent non velcro or slip on shoes. So it's been on my mind that Sammy needs school shoes that work for him to put on himself.

So that is the backstory. I probably could have told you dear reader that we needed velcro shoes but I feel confident that everyone loves a little glimpse into our madness.

Buying the Nikes was easy enough- I really would have preferred some cute moccs that were oddly situation in the girl's section. Hmmph. Unisex thank you! My sister did not agree and I got major side eye. (along with some adorable cut offs from Gap that I just decided I am going to go back and get!) I let her know that there was only one person present in Nordy's shoes with a fashion blog thankyouverymuch. But she is lovely and the best Aunt in the world so I can't exactly say she was wrong or be mad- just didn't have the internal vision of amazingness that would be if I had both said moccs and cut offs on Sammy in an adorable spring ensemble!

I have felt for the last few weeks that I'm stretched thin. I am the sort that can't operate in a mess. And my house can sure feel messy to me in a hurry. It's large so I am not sure why that is - but I have some accomplished messers in my midst. They're cute so they at least have that grace. Since we have some company staying with us for Easter and family coming for dinner I've been focusing on getting my house back in top shape.

The blog has suffered because I need things to be orderly and pretty before I can be creative. I need Easter to pass, my house to be clean, and to be on the other side of March before my head is in a good place. I am toying with the idea of trying to sell our house to get something that is just easier for me to keep clean. Or a maid. That would be lovely!
PS I would show the Nikes but they are plain and frankly I need a little more beauty and less plain going on so maybe after I start feeling more like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment