Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Easy Enchiladas!

So Sammy if you did not know it is Mexican. The red hair gave it away right? He is not Mexican by birth- he is Mexican by choice. He adores anything with a little bit of Mexican flair!

I make enchiladas all of the time. They are a staple at our house. I thought I would share a pretty easy to make meal (sans pics sorry!). Usually we make shredded chicken ones, but lately we've been enjoying ground beef.

1 lb beef. We use Laura's from Target.
1 pkg cream cheese
1 bag shredded cheese
1 bag whole wheat flour tortillas
2 Small cans enchilada sauce
Roma tomato
Small Vidalia Onion
Black Olives
Ancho Chili Powder
Cumin
Garlic
Salt & Pepper
Jalapenos (optional)
Preheat that oven to 350 and get out a large baking dish. I use the ole Pyrex 9x11.

Brown your ground beef and add in the cream cheese once browned to your liking. Use a spoon to get it well mixed. Then add in all of your spices. After complete give it a quick taste test. After that is done you want to start filling in your enchiladas.

I usually just grab my baking dish and assemble in there to only use 2 dishes. I lay out the tortilla and add in the filling we just made, some cheese, and some enchilada sauce. I add olives sometimes, lettuce, onion, tomato. Anything you want. Roll it up and scoot to the end. Keep doing this until you reach the end of your dish. Put the rest of your cheese and enchilada sauce on the top.

This makes a pretty quick dinner with tons of leftovers for tasty lunches. I use whole wheat but you can use regular. This is also an awesome end of the grocery run meal as you really only need the shells, cheese, sauce, and some filling. Black beans can work- it is very versatile!

No comments:

Post a Comment