Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blooming Where I am Planted

I am a suburban mom. I grew up in mid sized cities (Lincoln, Omaha, Bossier City) and loved it. Those cities were lovely. I spent the majority of my school years living in a trendy part of Omaha called Dundee. It was some of the best memories of my life and I tell myself every Fall that I am going to move back.

My husband grew up outside of a very small city and lived on a hobby farm complete with chickens and horses. My dream of moving to DC or Boston is pretty much never happening. In the last year I have made a decision to try to bloom where I have been planted, or moved because I bought a house in the burbs- not really an innocent bystander who had zero choice in this matter.

I decided it was high time to start learning to love my neighborhood, love where I live and start noticing and being proud of my place here in this world. There are a lot of ways to make life amazing and I am going to do my best to notice and document the things about living in the burbs worthwhile and a blast!

My goal is to start taking things as they come and work on the things I had been putting off until I felt something better came along. I am sometimes guilty of putting things off until I lose a dress size, or until we have another child, or until we built my dream home. I am going to start becoming the type of person that really lives each day for what it brings and not waiting to start living until I reach some arbitrary goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment